We’re the Renaissance Group, an active, adventurous, fun-loving group of Temple Shalom members who are 50-or-more years old. We’re a youthful “seniors” group, delighted to be free at this stage in our lives to play, to explore, to learn, to socialize, to establish new friendships. Some of us are retired; others work full time. Many of our members are active in various Temple Shalom committees (Sisterhood, Brotherhood, etc.); others are not.
Under the creative leadership of Shirley Bauer, we’ve just entered our sixth year. We schedule about a dozen events for the season (August -June). These include an exceptional range of outings - entertaining, educational, exhilarating.
WHERE HAVE WE BEEN?
Variety is the spice of our agenda. We’ve enjoyed such wide ranging activities as:
• A boat ride up the Hudson River to the Rockefeller estate (box lunches included)
• The Jewish Museum in Manhattan, Grounds for Sculpture in NJ
• Dinner and a show
• Weekend trips to Baltimore's Inner Harbor, Philadelphia and this years overnight to Rhinebeck for the famous antique airshow
• Botanical Gardens and Zoo in New York
• Waterloo Village
• Pontoon boating on the Hackensack river
• Dinner and Havdallah services at members’ homes
Many, many, many more
WHERE ARE WE GOING?
For this year, our plans include:
• A baseball game at the Yogi Berra Stadium in Montclair State University
• ? Havdallah and dinner events
• The Community Theatre (Mayo Center) in Morristown for a benefit performance by America's premier Doo-Wop group
• Our Grand Opening Brunch!! With guest speaker Peter Filichia author and Drama Critic for the Newark Star Ledger
• Join in the Hunger Walk to benefit the Community Soup Kitchen in Morristown
• More to come
HOW ABOUT YOU?
Do you have some evenings and Sundays free? Feel like a little adventure? Want to get to know some more people you have plenty in common with? Do you crave a warm and hearty social environment? Consider joining the Renaissance Group. We’d be happy to welcome you.
For more information, call Shirley Bauer at 973-584-9524 or e-mail her at
We’d love to see you at our next event! Check our calendar .